The Charity Challenge for 2017 is to TANZANIA
Welcome to the Grief Encounter Charity Challenge 2017! In 2016 we raised over £67,000 and reached the amazing heights of Machu Picchu with a team of 9 amazing fundraisers. Now we are inviting YOU to take part in an incredible, challenging, exhilarating and worthwhile adventure in Tanzania!
- Trek across the floor of the Great Rift Valley to the foothills of the Crater Highlands
- Travel alongside the Maasai people, one of Africa’s great nomadic tribes
- Walk in the shadows of some of Africa’s most impressive peaks
- Many opportunities for incredible game-viewing
- Your trek will bring important community funds to the Maasai regions you encounter
This exciting challenge takes place in the wild African bush, home to several Maasai communities. Perhaps the most revered of the great African nomadic tribes, the Maasai are the fiercest of warriors, but struggle to retain their modest lifestyle in modern times.
Led by Maasai guides, we begin from the bottom of Mt. Longido (2,590m), trekking across the floor of the Great Rift Valley to the foothills of the Crater Highlands.
Expect to be captivated by the beauty of this incredible region, otherwise known as “the Cradle of Mankind”. The spectacular route passes Mt. Kitumbeine, the game-filled plains of Nagarirat and the escarpment of the Rift Valley.
8 – 16 October 2017
For more information on the trip, please click here.