- These terms and conditions are the Competition Rules (“Rules“) and apply to competitions (“Competition“) featuring in any Grief Encounter publications and/or on any Grief Encounter Internet siteunless otherwise expressly stated. By entering a Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- To qualify to enter the Competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and/or the Isle of Man. The address you provide with your competition entry (“Entry“) may be used to send any prizes so please make sure this is correct.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. Grief Encounter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants.
- Grief Encounter assumes that by reading the publication or by using the website and entering the Competition (and you warrant that) you are aged 18 or over or, if you are under 18, that your parents have consented to your entry into the Competition and these Rules.
- Grief Encounter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
- In the event that any entrant is disqualified from the Competition, Grief Encounter in its sole discretion may decide whether a replacement should be selected. In this event, any further entrant will be selected on the same criteria as the original entrant and will be subject to these Rules.
- Only one entry per person per Competition is allowed and any entrant who enters more than the permitted maximum will be disqualified. Where a winner has been selected and Grief Encounter discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe the winner has made more than one Entry, Grief Encounter reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Any further winner will be selected on the same criteria as the original winner and will be subject to these Rules.
- Competition entries must be made in the manner and by the closing date specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to do so will disqualify the entry.
- There is no purchase requirement to enter an online Competition. There is no charge to register with a Grief Encounter website if registration is required as part of the entry process.
- Prize winners will be chosen at random, unless specified otherwise in the Competition Notice, from all qualifying Entries within 28 days of the closing date specified in the Competition Notice. In all matters, the decision of the judge(s) shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Prize winners will be notified in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable or failure to reply as specified in the notification (and within the time stated) may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If more than one prize is awarded only one prize per entrant will be awarded. Competition winner(s)’ names may be published in the Grief Encounter publication in which the competition appeared and on the relevant publication’s website.
- Claims for prizes must be made in the manner and within the time specified on the Competition Notice. Failure to claim a prize within this time or in the manner specified may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Prizes are non–transferable and there is no cash alternative. Grief Encounter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes are awarded at the discretion of Grief Encounter and no prizes will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant.
- Where a prize may not be appropriate for a younger contestant, the minimum age for entry will be stated in the Competition Notice and must be observed. Grief Encounter reserves the right to request written proof of age of any winner.
- All taxes, insurances, transfers, spending money and other expenses (including meals or personal expenses upgrades etc.) as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
- In consideration of Grief Encounter agreeing to consider entrants to the Competition, each entrant hereby agrees that Grief Encounter (and third parties authorised by Grief Encounter) may make any and all Entries available in their publications and on their websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future. You now grant Grief Encounter (and third parties authorised by Grief Encounter) a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence (for the full period of any rights in the Entry) to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence the Entry for such purposes.
- Grief Encounter does not guarantee to use or otherwise make available any Entry. Grief Encounter may, in appropriate circumstances, and at its sole discretion, reject, edit, remove or disable access to Entries that appear to be legally or otherwise problematic e.g. infringe the copyright or other intellectual property or privacy rights of others, are defamatory etc. or for any other reason.
- Your entry and any information submitted by you must be personal to and relate specifically to you. You hereby warrant that your Entry and all information which you submit and/or distribute will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any third party, and will not contain anything which is libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, harassing or threatening. If relevant, Grief Encounter reserves the right, but not the obligation, to screen, filter and/or monitor information provided by you and to edit, refuse to distribute or remove the same.
- Grief Encounter cannot accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrant entering the Competition or as a result of accepting any prize. Grief Encounter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment or software, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, telephone lines or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer or mobile telephone related to or resulting from participation in the Competition. Nothing shall exclude Grief Encounter’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
Data Protection and Publicity
- Winners may be requested to take part in promotional activity and Grief Encounter reserves the right to use the names and addresses of winners in any publicity both in paper and online.
- Any personal data relating to entrants will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent. Data relating to entrants will be retained by Grief Encounter for a reasonable period after the Competition closes to assist Grief Encounter to operate competitions in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries on the Competition.
- By providing Grief Encounter with your personal data you consent to Grief Encounter transferring your personal data to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the UK. If Grief Encounter does make such a transfer it will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your personal data is protected.