Fancy watching your manager shiver in a bath of ice? Want to team up with a colleague and race to the finish line?
We have lots of different ways that you and your company can support us, whether you’re a small start up or a multinational company, you can nominate Grief Encounter to be your Charity of the year.
Charity of the Year
If you are looking for a way to unite your whole company behind a great cause, why not select Grief Encounter as your next Charity of the Year? Any company, not matter how large or small, can help to make a real difference. A partnership with us can also benefit your business:
- Encourages team building and creativity and boosts staff morale
- Demonstrates your company values and commitment to your community
- Tax effective way of giving to charity
If you would like Grief Encounter to be your Charity of the Year then please get involved by contacting the Grief Encounter office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our team are willing and able to provide support, advice and materials to assist you in the organisation of fundraising events – anything from business breakfasts to social media campaigns to climbing Everest! We have a calendar of existing events that your team of employees can take part in, or you can organise your own event.
Here are a few top tips for your office fundraising activities:
- Dedicate a memorable day for your fundraising activity
- Be creative and have lots of fun!
- Celebrate your success – shout about what you did and how much money you raised for Grief Encounter via social media and your local press
Please contact email@example.com for more information.
You don’t have to go to great lengths to show you care: match the amount of money your employees make for us. It’s as simple as that. Doing this not only shows support for your workforce, but is also tax effective.
Before entering into matched funding, ensure you set down some guidelines for your employees. For example:
The company will match funds £ for £ up to a maximum of £750 per event - this way you can regulate the amount of money you give.
Make sure your event is documented so that it can be included on the company website and newsletter, and participating employees can be acknowledged for their commitment to Grief Encounter.
Another way that your company can engage in matched funding is through the Payroll Giving scheme. If an employee is donating money to Grief Encounter through the Payroll Giving scheme then show your support for them and us by matching their donation – every little helps.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Payroll giving is a simple, flexible and tax effective method of charitable giving, which allows your employees to donate to Grief Encounter by a direct deduction from their wage. Should you wish, a Grief Encounter Fundraising Representative would be happy to come to your company and talk about Payroll Giving.
Benefits to your Organisation:
- Gives your employees the opportunity to donate to their chosen charity in a simple and tax effective way
- Your business will be seen by others to be more supportive and caring
Enhances staff morale
- Improves your business's charitable giving and social responsibility with minimal effort, or cost to you
- Enables you to measure the level of charitable giving that your company has helped achieve
How to set it up:
Register your business with Charities Trust by filling in their quick registration form and posting it to:
Donate Gifts In Kind
In 2014, your donations helped us to support thousands of new families in the UK through the trauma of losing a loved one. We make sure your gift to us is used wisely so that as much as possible goes directly to the young people and children in need of our services.
For every £1 you donate:
85p goes directly to supporting our families
8p supports the operations of the charity and provides events for bereaved young people
7p helps us raise awareness of the challenges facing those suffering from bereavement
How to Donate
I want to make a donation -
£25 as a goodwill gesture to help us continue our work
£50 to provide counselling sessions to a child
£100 to send a Grief Relief Kit to a family
- By phone: 0208 371 8455 Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm
- SMS: Text 'LOSS' to 70660 to donate £5 to Grief Encounter, it’s really easy!
- PayPal – You can make a direct donation using this safe online system. If you have an eBay account, chances are you already have a PayPal account so this is a hassle-free donation method!
- Post - Please make your cheques payable to Grief Encounter, and send to: Grief Encounter Project
The Lodge, 17 East End Road, London N3 3QE
We are always happy to bring new sponsors on board to help us maximise our opportunities. In return for a donation, sponsorship openings are available in the form of mutual advertising, joint direct mail, newsletter publicity, joint media campaigns and more. We would love to hear from you! Please contact email@example.com for more information.