Vision & Mission
Our vision is that every bereaved child in the UK, and their family, receives access to high quality, professional support to help alleviate the emotional pain caused by the death of a loved one.
Our mission is to be one of the leading providers of support services for bereaved children and their families throughout the UK; in order to help children find outlets for their grief, and a way to move forward. We want to raise public awareness about bereavement, and to promote a different, long term, family focused approach.
In addition, Grief Encounter aim to work closely with professionals within the sector, providing training to counsellors, teachers and company employees that will work closely with children who have experienced loss. Grief Encounter offer best practice training at a national level to business and schools at a national level across the UK.
Our Value Statement
Caring – Compassionate and kind
Understanding – Listening, hearing and empathic
Remembering – Supportive and empowering
Innovative – Informative and fun
Non-judgemental – Honest and respectful
Genuine – Working to best interest of the individual
- To be a standalone, child focused, open access specialist bereavement service, directly supporting over 500 families a year in the UK
- For every school across the UK to have an appointed Bereavement Liaison Contact Officer
- To be a model of best practice that is available to other organisations: Training programmes available for schools, hospitals, religious organisations and professionals
- Create a government supported report with access to statistics regarding bereaved children, and allocation of appropriate funding to relevant charities
- To produce a tool kit for 5,000 bereaved children in the UK every year
- Grief Encounter sponsored National Poetry competition bi-annually
- Increase awareness of Children’s Grief Awareness Week UK