Welcome to ‘grieftalk’, the brand new helpline from Grief Encounter, providing support for you, when you need it.
Are you a child, teenager or adult who has experienced the death of a loved one? Are you a caregiver who needs advice on how to support young people following the death of a parent or sibling? Do you need to talk? You can call, email or instant chat with trained professionals at grieftalk, 5 days a week, 9am – 9pm.
On average one child in every classroom will experience the death of a parent or sibling before they reach 16 years of age; 44,000 dependent children bereaved a year. Adolescent grief has a devastating impact that can last for life, with research showing links to mental health issues, social and behavioural problems and more. We’re here to offer you support, and help you on your bereavement journey.
Ways to access help
- TALK Talk to grieftalk from any phone for free 0808 802 0111
- Have a 1-2-1 CHAT live session with a grieftalk counsellor
- TYPE send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who can access help?
- Children, Young People and Adults
- We’re here to support you whenever you need, on your own terms
When can I access Grief Talk?
- Monday to Friday 9am – 9pm
Who will I speak to?
- You will get through to a fully trained Grieftalk counsellor
How much does it cost?
- Calls are free from landlines and mobiles
Is my call Confidential?
- ‘grieftalk’ is confidential, and you don’t have to give your name or any other details if you don’t want to.
How often can I call?
- You can call as little or as often as you like
What if I can’t get through?
- We will do our best to answer every call as soon as possible. Sometimes, we may have a high demand and you might have to wait to get through to a counsellor; we understand this can be difficult. If you would prefer, you can leave your name and number, and someone will call you back.