Grief Encounter is offering Experiential Workshops for teachers, hospice workers, counsellors and other professionals to train people in working with bereaved children and young people.
The training comprises of full day and half day workshops and you can choose to do one, two or all.
Training will take place at Stephen’s House, 17 East End Road, London, N3 2QE.
Half Day Sessions will run from 9.30am – 12.30pm
Full Day Sessions will run from 9.30am – 3.30pm
Bereavement Policy Training
1st March 2017 9.30 - 12.30 : Bereavement Policy Training
Half Day Workshop £70
Aim: To prepare a working bereavement policy for your school
- Understand what you can and can’t do when there is a bereavement
- Gain knowledge of appropriate referral pathways and external support
- Take away an outline of what you can include in your bereavement policy
- Enhance effective communications and clarify pathway of support
- Distinguish roles and ensure implementation
Teenage Guide to Bereavement
2016 23rd November 9.30 - 12.30 : Teenage Guide to bereavement
Half Day Workshop £70
Aim: To understand how you can support a teenager during a bereavement
- Understanding of theory of grief in relation to teens such as the Spiral of grief
- Gaining skills to engaging teenagers in talking about bereavement – encouraging emotional intelligence
- Understanding the diverse needs of bereavement on teenagers
Understanding & working creatively with bereaved children
2016 12th October 09.30 -15.30 : Understanding and working creatively with bereaved children
Full Day Workshop £120
Aim: Develop techniques to explore different ideas and creative ways of working with bereaved children.
- To gain an understanding of the impact of grief and bereavement on children
- To understand how a child’s age and development influences a child’s understanding of death
- To develop practical skills in working with bereaved children and young people and the associated difficult feelings and memories
- Gain an understanding of bereavement issues and the factors affecting the grieving process.
- Improve your empathy, communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ask questions and share your experience.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or fill in the form below: